Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Day 43. HAXcms and Domains

I took a few days off for the absolute pleasure of going to the Domains19 conference organized by the great people of Reclaim Hosting (my school has a Reclaim Domain of One's Own project). I actually did a presentation! At most conferences I like a marginal weirdo, very out of place... but we're all weird together at Domains! The Brer Rabbit image widgets make an appearance in the presentation in fact: Domains.LauraGibbs.net.


One of my big goals was to connect with Bryan Ollendyke and learn more about HAXcms which I am hoping will be the place where I can start collecting other story texts. I'm happy creating this Brer Rabbit site as a blog, but when I launch the next piece of this project, transcribing the African and other analogue materials, I don't want to do that in a blog; I want to do that in a webspace of my own. After hearing Bryan's presentation at Domains, I am even more excited about that than before; you can listen to his (NSFW) presentation here: HAX Chaotic Good.

No comments: