Sunday, August 4, 2019

Day 86: Last day of summer....

So, here it is: the last day of summer! I can't believe it's really here, but I have 10,000 stories bookmarked in Diigo: that is a real sign of the time that has passed since school ended in May and I got to work on all these stories.

To transition from the summer into the school year, I decided to make a "Story of the Day" site at Stories.MythFolklore.net. I think I'll be including a story of the day in the class announcements, and I'll alternate between my African collections and a Jataka or other Indian story, so I've started bookmarking those too: Jatakas.

For the first story. I chose this South Carolina version of the Tar Baby story, told by Toby Byas, who was probably born around 1840. The idea is that I will feature a new story on the homepage each day, while also copying it off to the table of contents to accumulate past stories. So far, my Google-based project for reusing story content is working really well! Someday I'll need something less clunky and kluged, but I am just glad to have some kind of solution that works. :-)





No comments: