Friday, August 16, 2019

Day 98. Wikipedia

So, I've decided to start doing a "Wikipedia good deed of the day," adding references and external links to Wikipedia articles.

Today I added a list of Joel Chandler Harris books to the Brer Rabbit article, along with a Florence Baer citation.

That article is such a mess, and I'm not even sure how to clean it up really, but at least I made some kind of useful contribution.

I'm pasting in here the Baer citation so that I can use it again in other articles!

{{cite book
 |last=Baer
 |first=Florence
 |date=1980
 |title=Sources and Analogues of the Uncle Remus Tales
 |publisher=Folklore Fellows Communications
 |isbn= 9514103742
}}

And for the Harris books, I linked to Gutenberg when available; if not, then to Hathi:
[URL ''title'']

This is the first major edit I've made on a Wikipedia article in a long time, so I'm wondering if I will run afoul of the editing guidelines; that's something I will learn about as I go!

Here's the Brer Rabbit article, and a screenshot of the list I added; I was able to use Diigo to get a quick count of actual Brer Rabbit stories for each book!




No comments: